Friday, November 8, 2013

Research Methods in Information, 2nd edition, by Alison Jane Pickard


Research Methods in Information, 2nd ed. By Alison Jane Pickard. Neal-Schuman, 2013, 361 pp., ISBN 978-1-55570-936-5. 

I found this book to be highly useful. As someone who is interested in research but who never had a formal research class, a book like this filled in a lot of the gaps for me. Although I read it from cover to cover in order to write a review for Catholic Library World, I know that I will be going back to it for ideas on expanding my research. Research Methods in Information includes practical exercises that will help the researcher learn the concepts that the author presents. Pickard has a clear and effective writing style. This is an excellent introduction to research methods, and could be used as a textbook in a research methodology course. It would make an excellent addition to any professional or personal library where there is interest in conducting research.
 
A longer review of this book appears in Catholic Library World 84:1 (2013): 59.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your generous review, I'm delighted this turned out to be so useful. I certainly never anticipated a 2nd edition but I'm so grateful that this has proved to be of some use.

    ReplyDelete